Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.stevescleenz.co.uk
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Steve’s Cleenz – Terms and conditions of service
- 1. We will perform the services selected by you from our customer service options. We will use all reasonable skill and care in performing the services.
- 2. We will use all reasonable endeavours to complete the services by the time and day we have stated that the services should be performed by.
- 3. In the event that we cannot complete the services on the designated day we will seek to contact you and arrange for the services to be completed on the soonest available subsequent day. But we will accept no liability for failing to perform services on time, or not at all.
- 4. We will endeavour to take all reasonable care of your vehicle while it is in our possession. If we cause actual physical damage to your vehicle resulting from our negligence, we will, at our option either fix the damage or pay reasonable compensation for such damage. However we will not be liable for:
- 4.1 Damage or loss to you or your vehicle resulting from acts of third parties who are neither employees or agents.
- 4.2 Damage or loss to your vehicle caused by lightning, flood, severe weather, fire or explosion, civil disorder, war or military operations, national or local emergencies, anything done by Government or other competent authority, or industrial disputes of any kind.
- 4.3 Consequential loss to you or your vehicle resulting from any default on our part.
- 4.4 Loss or damage to you or your vehicle caused by us attributable to defects, damage or weakness in your vehicle which were not disclosed to us by you (irrespective of weather such defects were known to you). Other than liability for death or personal injury arising out of our neglect acts or omissions.
- 5. You must disclose to us all defects, damage, or weakness in your vehicle, known or suspected by you, which may be affected by the services, prior to our commencing with the cleaning process.
- 6. We do not undertake to insure your vehicle against loss while it is in our possession. Insurance of your vehicle is at all times your responsibility.
- 7. You will pay us for performing the services at the price set out in our price list or price we have negotiated through conversation or any other means of contact.
- 8. You shall pay us in full before you uplift your vehicle. We shall be entitled to a lien over your vehicle entitling us to retain it, and not release it to you until you have made payment in full to us. Your vehicle will remain with us, at your risk, until any such late payment is made.
- 9. If any amount remains unpaid on its due date, we shall be entitled to charge interest on such unpaid amount at a rate of 5% of the total amount per day until payment in full has be made.
- 10. You will be liable to us for any death, injury or damage suffered by us or our staff attributable to any defect in your vehicle, or any harmful contents.
- 11. It should be noted that polish and other cleaning products can be slippery and extreme caution should be exercised when collecting your vehicle. We accept no liability whatsoever for loss or damage caused as a consequence of failing to head this warning.
- 12. Old or non original paintwork can be damaged by the cleaning process. All such defects shall be indicated prior to commencement of the cleaning process.
- 13. Child seats must be refitted by you the customer, we will not be able to re-fit seats under any circumstances.
- 14. Engine bay and manufacturers warranty wax can be removed at your request and your risk. Please check with your dealer to ensure that your vehicle engine and all ancillary components are safe to clean and advise us of any alarms, immobilisers or other electronic components fitted, prior to commencement of the cleaning process.
- 15. No liability will be accepted for damage to polished metal finishes that are not protected by a lacquer unless we are made aware of this prior to the commencement of the cleaning process. No liability or responsibility will be accepted for any claims of damage to work undertaken after the job has been completed by us, unless the aftercare is solely undertaken by “Steves Cleenz” as chemicals used by other companies may be damaging and abrasive.
- 16. You confirm that you have a spare set of keys for the vehicle and that we shall not be liable for loss or damage caused to you or the vehicle by our losing the keys or locking them in the vehicle.
- 17. Older cars may have weaker plastics and we agree to provide the services totally at your risk in respect of vehicles over 4 years old.
- 18. Our determination of the size category of your vehicle with regard to the price list shall be final and binding.
- 19. Explanations of certain words:
19.1 ‘price list’ Means the then current list of prices for the various services provided by us (Steves Cleenz) from time to time, and advised to you.
- 19.2 ‘the services’ Means the vehicle valeting services selected by you from those offered by us (Steves Cleenz) from time to time.
- 19.3 ‘the cleaning process’ Means the vehicle valeting services selected by you from those offered by us (Steves Cleenz) from time to time.
- 19.4 ‘the vehicle’ Means any car, van, commercial vehicle, motorcycle, caravan or any other form of transport accepted by us for cleaning.
- 19.5 ‘we’ and ‘us’ Means Steven Dobson trading as Steve’s Cleenz
- 19.6 ‘you’ Means the customer we make this agreement with, including any persons we reasonably Believe is acting with the customers authority or knowledge.
- 20 If any invoiced amount is not received by the company, us (Steve’s Cleenz), by the mentioned due date, then without limiting company’s rights, the following will be applicable.
- Those charges may accrue late interest @ 8% of the outstanding balance per week, or the maximum rate permitted by the law, whichever is lower.
- We may condition future contract renewals/service renewals or suspend our services to you until such amount is paid in full.
- A compensation fee of £40.00 will also be added to any outstanding invoice
- If any outstanding invoice remains unpaid 28 days past the due date then the invoice will be passed on to a debt recovery agency to recover all cost’s owed to us.